Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Number Ten: Competition

Yesterday was a rather eventful day.
I bunked a class ( can u believe it folks???!!!!) for an extremely heated and emotional debate on "Rang de Basanti".
My auntie Priyo and friend Uttaran formed a team and opposing them were my uncle Creon, Bimbabati, and myself. [My daddy made a brief appearance but had to run off for Sanskriti work soon after]
I will not deal with it here, but let me just say that a film need not necessarily motivate anyone to ecome a revolutionary for it to be successful. A film is an illusion toying with people's feelings. That's what we even know it does and we pay for exactly that. Just because "RDB" is a film about the youth awakening as it were, it doesn't mean it can awaken us. Maybe we are already awake. Changing oneself is the most revolutionary thing one can do. That's how, little by little, a nation changes. "RDB" touched a fundamental emotional chord in a lot of people. That's why it is successful. Its message is one of non-violence. It shows us that militantism can't and will never be a solution. One needs a deeper answer to our problems.

Did a quiz after a helluva long tym. Felt good! Plus.........WE WON!!!! Unfortunately, it seems we will not be getting anything, but still............
It was a good quiz and has definitely whetted my appetite for more. Had kinda forgotten what it felt like.
Now am back!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger March Hare said...

as i keep saying....good old ragz is 'shmart'!!!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home