Friday, February 03, 2006

Take 8: Two shows

Today was a particularly eventful day.
Asides from being Saraswati Pujo, I partook of two shows today of exactly opposite intensities.
I went with a bunch of friends to see "Rang de Basanti". And was floored!!!!
Fuck!!!
I haven't been this moved by a hindi movie since "Lagaan"!!!
Fuck again!!!
And the atmosphere too brought back memories of that memorable film. There was screaming and cheering( for various reasons of course!) which added to the moving experience.
In a nutshell, like "Parineeta" was my choice for hindi film of 2005, I doubt if I will be seeing a hindi film to rival "Rang de Basanti" this year. Still............the year is young and hopes are high.

After that, I rushed and scrambled to attend a play at Oxford [ Victoria Station- Harold Pinter. Produced by Theatrecian]...............which I ended up missing thanks to the incredible traffic!!! All I got to attend was the incredibly boring post-play discussion. Also, thanks to my good friends effectively DITCHING me ( u know who u r!!!), I actually had to put a straight face through the whole thing!!!! The only amusements came from Dhruv Mukherjee, the only entertaining and intelligent speaker, and the guy sitting next to me who was sketching Prof. Lal's portrait the whole time.

Well! There u have it. Yet another day in the life of a cheesecake.
Will someone wake me when it's over?

11 Comments:

Blogger March Hare said...

was that someone sitting beside u promeet???

10:03 AM  
Blogger Joychaser said...

u looked incredibly sexy!!

the play was just about as entertaining as any Harold Pinter's ever written, but the moderator was a complete dodo and i envy every1 who's in ananda lall's class... the man is a veritable encyclopedia of sartorial wit!!!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Shion Guha said...

don't tell me that ragz was dressed in enthno centric paraphernalia?

I am going to drop dead if I ever see her in one of them.

9:07 PM  
Blogger March Hare said...

does that mean 'spiral' envies me?? but alal's jokes in class are kind of lame (though they do make us laugh)....u agree ragz??

p.s. and anc, i think ragz looks extremely sexy in salwars....

3:20 AM  
Blogger Shion Guha said...

yes. i think that sen has made a habit of missing points completely... ofcourse ragz looks sexy in ethnic outfits, when did i ever say that she didn't?

7:43 AM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

a> Lal is a waffler.
b> Lal aekta pompous gadha.
c> 'sartorial wit'? WTF? You mean he makes fun of people's clothes? No wait, he dresses wittily? What? Explain, please.
d> Promit aekta antel gadha.
e> Ragini looks very nice in kurtas.
f> Rang De Basanti is a mindfuck.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Joychaser said...

if it makes me think that he's a waffler if i attend his class, i'd rather settle for his public appearances..

sartorial??? SARTORIAL?????? i meant sarcastic!! sartorial's got i think something to do with tailors? clothes? as far as i can remember

i am a duck-billed platypus

6:58 AM  
Blogger March Hare said...

u r right rang de basanti is a fucking brilliant movie. no movie has managed to influence me so much after lagaan. i actually sobbed audibly in the theatre. i cried in public!!!! and that is something which never ever happens......never...ever...

8:30 AM  
Blogger scorpionragz said...

Ladies and gentlemen, please! There's enough of me to go around!!
A big thank u to all those who said I look(ed) sexy!!!!;)

NO! Promit was certainly not the one sitting beside me! It was an old guy with weird glasses who ACTUALLY asked me to give lal his portrait!!! I, of course, graciously declined!

Srin, I think ur being a li'l too harsh on poor promeeeeeeeet wen u say he's an antel gadha. He is, of course, but he's also extremely sweet.

Anc, as for u..........hmmmmmmm.......be warned! If it's this easy to make u drop dead....well........ur just givin me ideas!!!
So from now on u'd better be extra nice to me or else.......

9:27 AM  
Blogger scorpionragz said...

btw, almost forgot,
SRIN!! WTF R U TALKING ABOUT???!!!! RANG DE BASANTI IS FUCKING MINDBLOWINGLY AWESOME!!!!!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

Arrey, of course it is!! Mindfuck is GOOD when it's a film, because it affects you and it makes you think. Has Promit ever made you read his poetry? I'm pretty sure you'll want to shoot him too if he does.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home